In this episode of PoPolitickin, we politick with singer/songwriter Jane Handcock. Oakland, California R&B songwriter Jane Handcock steps out from behind the scenes into her own artistry. Handcock has worked with many household names in the music business, including Kelly Rowland, Tyrese, Tank, Big KRIT, Keke Palmer and more, along with award winning producers Teddy Riley, Justice League, Harmony Samuels, James Fauntleroy, 1500 or Nothin, Sir Dylan and Polow tha Don, as well as with close friend and writing partner, Adrian Marcel. It was at OSA (Oakland School for the Arts) where she met fellow classmate Marcel. While working on Adrian Marcel’s debut project, “7 Days of Weak”, Handcock had the opportunity to collaborate with Award winning singer, songwriter, producer Raphael Saadiq. Saadiq was impressed with her vivid confessional lyricism. He was intrigued by her ability to not only write honest music that touched people but the very special ability to empathize. He said her level of empathy made the songs she writes for others even more heartwarming [“she’s like a musical medium.”]. Her collaborations with Saadiq and Marcel led Handcock to write and vocal produce Marcel’s breakout hit “2 AM” & Rick Ross’ “Apple of My Eye” (from his latest album ‘Rather You Than Me’, which she also sings under with Saadiq’s smooth tone). Now, Handcock begins to emerge as an artist herself, ‘Truth Be Told’ and ‘TEA’ immediately show you why some of the all time greats are so eager to work with this rising star.
- [Video] Paapa-Berchie – NO TURNING BACK | @paapaberchie
- [Video] Nash Nation – Killer Bee S**t | @nashnation @buckrollbeats
- [Video] Gibrilville – Kilodey | @gibrilville @kamhabit @Jaysynthsbeatz
- [Video] Menacin Johnson – CROWN ft. Mo Shakray | @menacinjohnson @moka_only @moshakray
- [Video] Fashawn & Sir Veterano – This Town | @sirveterano @fashawn @freshyardrecord @ImYellowNguyen