Hawaii rapper Tassho Pearce presents the music video for “Broken Wings”, the Hassan Khaffaf-produced single featuring Mark Nazal which appears on HI Story, Tassho’s album out now also featuring an appearance from CNR-BOY. Directed by Luke Aguinaldo, the video depicts the normally bustling Waikiki section of Honolulu, rendered desolate by the COVID lockdown. Born on the remote Japanese island of Ishigaki and raised in Honolulu, Pearce’s reputation on Honolulu’s late-90s battle circuit led to an appearance on The Wake Up Show with Sway and King Tech. His 2004 single “Honolulu” (watch the music video on Youtube) received major airplay on nearly every regional radio station. His success selling T-shirts adorned with the logo for his record label Flip The Bird – which have been worn by rappers like Method Man, Redman and Eminem – led him to cross paths with Russell Simmons which in turn resulted in a collaboration with Run Athletics, creating a limited edition pair of sneakers and T-shirts. Tassho has collaborated with No I.D., KiD CuDi (stream “Satellites” on Spotify), Dilated Peoples and many more, and has performed alongside Kanye West, Wu-Tang Clan, Common, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and 50 Cent. “We were able to flip something negative into a positive because the scenery fits the vibe of the song with Mark Nazal’s kind of like haunting vocals on the hook, but it’s also a time stamp,” Pearce says. “When people see this video years from now they will know exactly where they were at that time.” HI Story is out now on Flip The Bird Entertainment.
- K-Solo talks boxing, Hit Squad, Death Row, Snoop Dogg, and more | @ksolo_wolfgang
- 4Ize – Just 2 Black Brothers Theme Song + Interview | @4IZE
- Krumbsnatcha talks Gang Starr Foundation, Guru, Mind Power, and more | @KrumbSnatcha7
- Big T talks The Art of Battle Rapping, Smack, URL, and more | @bigtqmb
- Producer Swift Sloan and Actor Jamal “Gravy” Woolard discuss new movie “Circumstances 2” |@swiftsloan @jamalgravywoolard