In this episode of PoPolitickin, we politick with Champagne Duance. With sophisticated lyrics and refined presentation, Champagne Duane’s music is always celebration-ready. With influences from rappers like Jay-Z, Nas and Eminem, Duane approaches his music with crafty lyricism and storytelling. His debut album “A Toast” contains features from Hip-Hop heavyweights Talib Kweli and Big Pooh as well as soul singers Saeeda Wright and Jarrod Lawson, fusing rap and R&B to capture the essence of 90s Hip-Hop. His most recent release, The Campaign, is the soundtrack to America’s political and social climate. The standout track, “Gun Control” asks the question, “what if we shoot back?” in responses to violent killings of Black men and women by law enforcement. Clever and charismatic only begin to capture his approach to Hip-Hop as the Guyana-born artist is poised and confident to create his own lane in the rap game.
- [Video] Mitchy Slick X Sir Veterano -In My El Co | @ogmitchyslick @sirveterano @MarmoFilms @freshyardrecord
- [Video] Pricy – Talk Nice (Prod by TOPE) | @_Pricy_ @itsTOPE
- [Video] ATAK – Pull Kard | @therealatak1 @clearviewsk8 @nybangers
- [Video] Ramel Shakur – IDTTR | @ramelshakur336
- [Video] J Cutta – Mutombo | @datsjcutta @mencybeatz